So that was a fast week.
Hope you all got through 15.1 okay and some of my tips helped you.Was pretty cool to get plenty of feedback from a lot of you guys and glad some of you took my advice and brought it to the gym floor.
So I’m going to do the same and provide more tips for you in 15.2 or should i say 14.2!Yup 15.2 is a repeat of 14.2.
So lets look at it again.
Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
2 rounds of:
10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
2 rounds of:
12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
2 rounds of:
14 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
14 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds
- Classic couplet
- Another Grip based and forearm burner
- Aerobic based workout for most of you this time around.(Even though last year i worked with athletes who smoked it and turned it into a high level anaerobic piece last year in 14.2)Watch out for Brianna Hamilton probably one of the best female crossfit athletes i have come across as of yet and a name surely to feature either at the grid or the crossfit games some day.
- Importance of good mobility shows up again with OH squat featuring heavily.
- Strategy will be key yet again.
Quick Tips that may just help you out.
- Do what you do most of the time with these movements.Go with what normally works best for you.Now is not the time to be trying out new grips,foot positions,tempos etc.
- Wear lifting shoes.The real benefit of lifting shoes is the gift of artificial ankle dorsiflexion.This extra dorsiflexion makes it possible to get deeper, while staying upright, while staying on your heels. They are great, use them.
- Tape the hell out of them hands.Game is going to be over once we tear here.
- Dont drop the bar.Think of how much energy you will have to use to get that bar up again once you start to break them up.The goal here is to finish the OH squat steady and controlled but if you got to rest avoid dropping the bar at all cost and rest it on your back,then back into push press/snatch balance.
- Control your heart rate.Do not spike too early.Use as much of the 3 mins as possible into the first round.Aim for a 2.40-2.50 finish.Take a quick breather between rounds to gather yourself during transitions.Speaking of transitions same as 15.1 ensure your bar is positioned close to pull up rig.
- Squat snatch into your first rep riding the reps into a slow but breathing steady pace.We don’t want to blow the engine up here.Fight to keep the OH squat unbroken.Again squat snatch the bar up once you are comfortable doing this!
- If you have good shoulder mobility,consider using a narrower grip and maybe even a wider stance,this will eventually save early shoulder fatigue,I wouldn’t go with a hook grip personally but if it works for you fair enough,.
- Roll out and stretch out your forearms early before the workout.
- The biggest key to success on 15.2 will be wisely breaking up the chest to bar pull-ups from the beginning and save the chase until your final stages.If you’re comfortable with 3-5, go with 3 and keep that consistent but how this should be done will vary greatly depending on the individual. If you maintain movement and limit the length of your rests you are likely to go much further than coming out fast out of the gate.
- Have fun,cheer on others and create a special atmosphere on your gym floor.Remember the better the floor the better the open.Boy we had a special time at CFBB with all my gang with plenty of BBQ,Beers and cheers on the night.